February 25, 2002

Above The Clouds

Currently Listening To :: Zhen De (Truly) :: Sun Yan Zi

New colour scheme...I've always been impressed by Prada stores. Not just for the sometimes kewl clothes inside, but it's the colours and minimalistic, understated style that it exudes are what gets me. Class and trend. This scheme is my small tribute.

When I was young, I once said to my mother, "happiness is having bags of minced meat in the freezer". While I probably was thinking with my stomach back them, (I was a rather, um, healthy-sized child), I've come to learn that happiness comes in all types of mixed bags; it's just hella I'm picky about the packaging. But right now, happiness is in the form of a plastic bag of pressed plastic...

That's right people, CDs. Music. The good stuff. Straight from Rose Records in Taipei, Eug's girlfriend Gloria has brought me more Chinese music than I know what to do with! Pop, RnB, Hip-Hop, Ska Rock...I can't listen to them all at once! I'm skippin tracks like crazy and watchin VCDs in pieces...I'm just a big kid with new toys _grin_

Even though Chinese music is something that I can't fully understand, I came to love it way before I was in Taiwan. Listening to it, feeling the emotion in the voice, grasping at meaning here and there like flashes of memory of a book read long ago, but no longer fully remembered...Words become another instrument, and emotion becomes even more raw...people say that Chinese music is all the same. I think that they aren't really trying to listen, just hear...

But then, who am I to talk? Me, who has learned to sterotype at a glance, me, who has an opinion like a revolving door, open and yet still shut...I should write that in my column...oh, you ain't know? _izms_ is now published weekly in the UNSW Blitz Magazine...check for it if you can.

More writing later today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home