January 21, 2002

Harimanow's Twelve

Currently Listening to :: Sha Tan (Suite Blue Moon) :: David Tao

_sigh_

Why are things always better in the mourning? Who knows, but I've always been an advocate of sleeping your problems away. If you wake up the next morning and your heart is still heavy, then you know you have issues. If not, then things can't be that bad can they?

This morning I woke up, and realised I needed to start writing. Things can't be that bad..._wry grin_.

The weekend was hectic, with clubbing, my dad's b'day, and work. Still, higlight of the weekend was spending Saturday afternoon in Tumbalong Park, discussing how a group of thirteen of us going under the name of Mango Pudding Productions can get a play that Christian has written off the ground. A play centred on relationships, it covers a lot of aspects, and from I've read, is quite entertaining. It manages to strike a chord with my past experiences and melancholy side...more on it as its features develop.

If I were stranded somewhere about 5m squared, surrounded by water and with only one coconut tree, one of the things that I'd have with me besides my CD player would be this album Taoism, by David Tao. As I've mentioned before, I always seem to buy albums long after they've been released. As I've also mentioned before, so much in life is timing. I always seem to be one step behind when it comes to most things; my natural shyness means that riding waves makes me uncomfortable, and so I end up wading in off the beach alone. And I wonder why I'm alone in so many things!

Seriously tho, this is an album that I've kept coming back to ever since I bought it at the end of 2000, and in my opinion, is the best Mandarin album I own. If I were to make an album (oh, and if I had a strong voice and a record deal of course), this is the type of album I'd make, which is why it is my favourite album. Sure, he's not as flashy as Jay Chow, as cool as Zhang Zhen Yue, and he's not hao SHUAI! like Aaron Kwok, but he's the kind of ge xing I'd aspire to be...

But, you've got to work with what you've got, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home