August 24, 2002

Back From The Dead

Currently Listening To :: You Got Me (Intrumental) :: The Roots

It's been over a week since I last posted up...are we seeing a trend here? Well, hopefully the next few weeks won't be too hectic, so I"ll be able to sit down and get some work done for uni, which is sorely in need. But right now, it's about this blog thing, and then the work thing...and THEN the uni thing...so many things, that I'm trying to mellow out to a different something...and hope things come together soon.

Where to start, where to start...HPAIR! That's right, the 4 day wonder-conference on international relations that had more overseas people in one place than the World Cup Finals. Interesting workshops discussions, long panel lectures and of course, the international night and gala dinner were all great, but as most of us agreed, the best thing was meeting all the different people from all parts of the world. Korea, the US, Philippines, Austria, Malaysia (represent!), Vietnam, Germany, just to name a few...Global youth culture I hear you ask? Quite possibly, but not quite the way The Moult Agency may view it. To me, we're all a part of that lunactic fringe in our own way!

The next few days were spent trying to re-adjust to going back to class, and actually trying to get back into the homework. *sigh* I made it as far as Thursday, and I had myself thinking I'd be ablel to make it to the weekend unscathed...then came the headache to end all headaches. I was at uni when it struck, and I don't know how I managed to drive home at all, as I could have sworn someone was trying to blow my mind and my stomach from the inside with dynamite. 15 hours of sleep later, I was still slightly toasted, so while my friends hit the club last night, I stayed in and took notes on the finer points of policy and decision making. Right now, I'm still feelin' under it all...remember the first time you smoked at felt kinda ill afterwards? Same deal...

You know what? I hate telling these long retrospective, descriptive posts. Ben did this and that, went here and there...the reason I started this blog was to get away from the whole story-telling type isht from my physical diaries...

However, in spite of what I've just said, I think it's fitting to finish off with a memory...thanks for the awesome pics Lief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home