June 22, 2002

Planting Seeds In Their Minds For The Future

Currently Listening To :: Just The Two Of Us :: Toshi Kubota

For those who have been reading my blog for some time (not to mention those who know me quite well), know that music is something I CAN'T do without. I mean, you only have to take a look at my blog entires to see that music is with me all the time. And although the only musical instrument I can play with any great proficiency is my CD/MD player, I've come to accept that in this case, I'm probably only ever going to be a consumer of music culture.

As a child, I was exposed to a lot of music, but none that I'd really care to remember. Long car rides bring back memories of John Denver, Julio Iglesias and Barbara Streisand (what, you thought I was goign to LINK them?!?). So as my own music tastes have matured and taken their own directions, I wonder what I'll be listening to in the car when I'm driving my 3 kids around the place (that's a boy and two cute girls fyi). Having started to make some MD's for some friends (which I think is something that can be quite a personal experience), my mind has started to wonder...

What five artists or albums would I want my kids to hear growing up?

This process will take a while I'm thinking, but please feel free to drop ideas on your own fave artists or albums...oh, and some reasons why would help too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home