July 28, 2002

Blogging Ben's The Name, Procrastination Is The Game

Currently Listening To :: Any Man :: Eminem

The last night of the weekend before the last night of holidays before the last session of the year before the last session until graduation (hopefully). I have an interview to write up, a column to compose, a job to apply for, and what am I doing? Right here, musing over the week(end) that has been...

I've found a new home away from home in the city. Normally, spending 3 hours in a store where I only ended up buying one thing would seem like a waste of time, but trying to measure time by what you do and don't end up owning is meaningless.

Because nothing is permanent.

Not wanting to sound like I'm aiming for enlightenment, but am I openly advocating a more hedonistic lifestyle? Or is my indecisive nature coming back to rear it's ugly head (or what that heads) again? Pondering over a skim latte, jotting down points of association and ideas of izms on paper, I felt good yet guilty, feeling I could be doing something more contrutive (like work on my job applications). That whole sinful pleasure line of thought...

On a different note, hating on Eminem's new 2002 chart topping Without Me is pointless when for some unknown reason I can't stop playing his track Any Man from the classic 1999 Soundbombing 2 tape. The lyrics are basically the same; twisted humour, clever use of words, complex rhyme cadences. Yet I'm feeling guilty listening. Is it 'cause he's not your typical black emcee, or the fact that he's become so much larger than life in such a short time that my underground, headphone wearing, "backpacker" musical tendancies are kicking in? I can't even admit Eminem has skills, so I imagine it takes a pretty big man to admit it when they like S Club 7...

But if I heard the nice Any Man beat last night, maybe I woulda stopped being so indecisive, and gotten my groove on harder with the nice fitted pants and singlet-top wearing women up at the free party we were at...

A friend and I are convinced that these days fewer women will pay to go clubbing, but if it's free, then they'll say "why not"? Guys on the other hand, have no issues dropping 20 ducatts for the chance to peep some nice women at S'Live or Bootay Bar. Fundamental difference I say; time to host another free party. Hopefully other people will get the idea too...

So if you have a birthday coming up, enough stalling. Kev, Dre and I have done our bit; if you're reading this, share the love people...share the love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home