July 22, 2002

Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness

Currently Listening To :: Emotions :: Destiny's Child

It's just emotions, taking me over,
Caught up in sorrow, lost in the song...


Di left this morning on a plane bound for Vietnam. She'll be gone for around 2 years, maybe more, and who knows when I'll see her next? Watching her disappear into the international terminal entrance, it brought back memories of my own departure for Taiwan. Although it was so long ago, it seems like yesterday...so I take heart.

It seems inevitable that as time goes by, the bonds of friendship are pulled in all directions, some to be broken, never to be joined in the same way ever again. Talking with a few friends tonight, it was good to be able to not dwel on things, but at the same time, I couldn't help but feel a little guilty for feeling like I was trying to compensate for the loss I'd just experienced. Seasons come and go, and the sun will shine again; that's certain. But friendships, like most things in life, are never guaranteed. Yet like most things in life, we take them for granted...

I was wondering if I'd shed a tear at the airport, but I told myself that there'd been enough shed in the past few weeks. After losing Gavin, I didn't think that anything else could come close for a while. Today, I wasn't so sure anymore.

Still, today is a new day, and by the time I wake up tomorrow, it'll be time to take steps forward. Time to pack up my sorrow. Store the tears for a joyous occasion. You know what? It's so easy to be sad, because you're already disappointed, and no one can do anything to hurt you even more...you're already numb to it all.

Goodnight, goodnight,
goodnight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home