November 22, 2003

Are You Clitorally Dependent?

Currently Listening To :: Holiday Inn :: Chingy w/Ludacris & Snoop Dogg

That was an actual banner line from a recent women's magazine with Britney "Justin Timberlake is not well-endowed at all" Spears on the cover. While curious to find out exactly what the question meant, I was unfortunately thwarted by the 'sensible' sealed section, not to mention my own shy sensibilities. But I digress, and this post sure as hell is not turning into one about Britney's love life or Just-In's dingaling-ling. Or is that just ding? Bleah, moving on, moving on...

I just recieved my annual leave paperwork, and not having the leave built up (plus being new on the block means I'm last in the "who can take extra leave pecking order"), means that it's finally official.

I'm spending the summer in Sydney.

Well, I lie; I may be having a quick jaunt down to Melbourne over the Christmas break, but apart from that...I know I know. My living at home ass is used to jetting overseas during the Sydney summer, usually to extremely hot spots (Malaysia, Singapore), or extremely icy ones (China, Taiwan), so having to spend summer here is actually something of a novelty for me.

Oh, the ungratefulness of it all.

So, in some sort of semblance of proving to my bitching doubting-Thomas-non-jetsetting-to-exotic-overseas-local self that Sydney really is all that during the summertime, I've begun to do some groundwork research into making this Sydney summer really one to remember. And I'm not talking about cutting down on the alchohol intake either.

In the last month or two, I've been to two wild, off the chain live shows from artists that I really dig. I've been making some time to check out some real quality cinema, plus I've decided with a friend to randomly pick interesting suburbs and go see what's there. Looking what I've just written, I'm looking forward to things already, and I haven't even mentioned the Sydney Festival early next year.

If anyone else has any good ideas, I'm always open to suggestion, persuasion, coercion, as well as partners in crime.

(Hopefully) Sunny Sydney summer...bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home