September 28, 2003

Snippets

Currently Listening To :: So Fabulous :: Little Brother

I've lost my insence holder, which means I now need to buy my own. So right now, I've got no where to light it up. Scents of Jasmine and Nag Champa remind me of late night cram sessions, trying to release stress at 3 am in the morning after my fingers couldn't type no more, my mind couldn't link facts no more, my body couldn't stay strong no more...

"The emperor has been shown to have no clothes...his claim that the US, and the world, faced an immediate danger from Iraq's weapons of mass destruction has been shown to be a bit of a joke." Reading my former public policy tutor rip into the US President in the national papers today filled me with pride; she was the one who inspired me the most. Watching Dubya beg the U.N. for support in rebuilding Iraq has also been fun in a ironic way. Combine this with the US basically telling Iran "don't move, we're coming for you" further reinforced my belief that trying to fathom US foreign policy is one for the "too hard and shouldn't but still do care" basket...

Went to the Sydney John Mayer concert last night; while I was impressed, I wasn't blown away like I hoped I would be. Still, it's undeniable that there's something intimate about going to a concert; that sense of shared experience and connection on so many levels through the music is indescribable. I worked out that if I had listened to his new album prior to the concert, and if he'd engaged the crowd a little more than just on his extended-beyond-belief-but-in-that-good-way version of "Come Back To Bed", I'd have walked out a happier man. That being said, I'm about to drop the same dollars to see J5 and The Legendary Roots Crew in about a months time. Can't wait...

I miss taking the train, riding the bus. Not because of the crowded carriages, the freezing AC in winter or lack thereof in summer, but because of the time it gave me to sit and think. While it's not the whole reason I don't blog as much as I used to, it's a big portion of the pie. Now I know I'm not the world's best multitasker, so having my transport taken care of allows my mind to do what it does best. Wander in wonder out...

Apparently, I'm a blend of jazz. I like that, the word blend. Complex yet simple, abstract yet very real. Blend like a good pasta sauce, blend like a fresh cup of coffee, blend like a woman's scent...

So nod your head to a smooth jazz beat and relax your mind if you can, 'cause I'm about to light some candles and burn some insence. Let it blend like liquid dye with the air and inhale, taking my mind on a slow ride to heavier things far away from the rest of the world. A world run by the barrels of millions of guns and the men who tell others where to point them, yet who've never felt the fear of having one pointed at them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p]Almost like described above [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia[/url] efficacy, with brush, my skin becomes smooth n more, ah, blackheads disappeared, the pores look not so big . The decision to do this was made as many people were melting sterling silver coinage and making silverware so this new, higher standard was brought in to counter act this . It however, could result in more skin breakage and sensitivity at the beginning of its use so time and patience is of essence here . Several weeks later, though, my usually blemish-free [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic brush[/url] cheeks started to get proper spotty . They [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia 2[/url] will not wither throughout the season and require no maintenance . It supplies the same services at home like those accorded by qualified [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia 2 sale[/url] facial experts . Moisturizers, serums and other facial creams should still be used to enhance the benefits of the system . If you can keep your skin clean by yourself, just imagine all the savings that you can have.[/p][p]uk Voucher Codes available for all kinds of stores it only makes sense to use these when purchasing equipment . Ultrasound is sonic frequencies higher than 20,000 Hz, the The Clarisonic PRO rotating brush head giving ultrasonic vibrations (300 times per second) that generates a high-frequency oscillation signal, to promote the flow of the liquid to produce tens of thousands of tiny bubbles, present in the liquid micro bubbles (cavitation nuclei) in the acoustic field under the action of vibration, when the sound pressure reaches a certain value, the bubble is growing rapidly, and then suddenly rupture shock wave generated when the bubble burst, generated in the skin around the thousands of atmospheric pressure, under such pressure skin surface and deep dirt, insoluble residual cosmetics, the fat and oil is emulsified, dissolved in water washed . Fragrance, overly rich point for oil skin clean power is not enough . You know how these things go . The type of the scalp will establish and thus cause acne, Can set-off with a lot more skin and other conditions . That's what we all like to think until one of our loved ones is diagnosed, or the doctor gives us [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia outlet[/url] a call . Plus, moisture 隆颅 abounds in a shower, no? I alternate between the Clarisonic Mia (I use a little Nude jasmine oil cleanser with it, which smells amazing and is super-moisturizing) and the Fresh brown sugar face scrub, which is itself full of skin-softening oils, and the sugar melts soothingly as you scrub, so it's never harsh.[/p]

4:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Trang tai nhac chuong hay: http://nhacchuonghay.mobi/ mien phi lon nhat, hang nghin bai nhac chuong dien thoai doc dao danh cho tat ca cac dong may, tải nhạc chuông: http://tainhacchuong.biz/ hay mien phi, tai nhac chuong hay

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home