September 14, 2003

Senseless Senselessness

Currently Listening To :: Ni ShenMe Hui Dou Shuo Bu Qing Chu :: Jay Chou

At a club on Saturday night, I witnessed something I thought I had left back in my earlier clubbing days. A fight broke out in the place, and it basically involved one guy smashing a bottle over another guys head (who was apparently half drunk anyway), after which the attacker proceeded to kick the other to the ground while he bled from the head wound from the broken bottle.

I just don't get it.

A friend who saw most of it mentioned how he felt compelled to help, yet remained rooted to the spot. Logically, who wants to jump in to stop a broken-bottle wielding fool when you don't even know who is getting beat down or why? On the other hand, how can you just stand by and watch someone who's defenceless and half-drunk get beat down?

If (heaven forbid) that I was being set upon by more than one attacker, could I count on my friends to jump in and help me? Or would they be rooted to the ground in two minds, by which time I'd be lying on the ground, bleeding and in a heap.

Flipping the coin, how would I react in such a situation? Saying that I would rush to a friends rescue is easy, but I've never been tested...I just hope I'd do the right thing in that split second that it takes to make that decision.

Ironically, the DJ played that Black Eyed Pea's track "Where Is The Love?" as security rushed the fight scene and the attacker fled into the night before he got hit with a bottle, or much worse...

Where's the love ya'll? I don't know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home