August 04, 2003

Words To Swear By

Currently Listening To // Stuck // Stacie Orrico

"Where there is trust, there is love."

A question I seem to be asking with increasing frequency is "Do you trust him/her?" Whether it be a partner who is possibly straying or a situation where both parties just don't seem to be able to reveal true feelings, I've begun to appreciate how valuable a commodity trust is.

Commodity I hear you ask? Trust, like knowledge, is power. Simply put, if people trust you, you can gain from that trust if you know how. Everyone wants to gain trust, to win the trust of others, yet it's also apparent that we have an inate want to give trust, in the same way we would give a gift to a lover, or have that urge to take that free lunch, just like candy from a stranger. We want to trust others, nay, we need to trust others.

Scholars write books about it. Entire societies are run on it. And where would credit cards be without it? At home, that's for sure. So why is it so hard for some people to trust others yet others are so quick to give it to others? And what has this got to do with love?

To be honest, I'm not sure myself. Disappointed I don't have the answer here? I know I am...

All I know is that no matter how much I want to, I need to do something drastic like freeze my Amore Express credit card in a block of ice. I'm just not ready to trust myself with it again; I don't think I can afford the interest repayments.

Yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home