March 22, 2003

Things Forgotten...Romantix

Currently Listening To :: Bionix :: De La Soul

Inspired by this track, I'm about step into the vocal booth. Apologies in advance to Maseo, Jolicoeur and Posdnuos for the jacking of this neck-breaking beat...

Cue intro

(Spoken Word) Welcome to the second installment, ya'll know my name so we ain't gotta get into all of that, ya'll know the deal...

This is Things Forgotten Part 2, and I call this one Romantix (Romantics)...and as ya'll always know...I'm gonna hit you with that real isht...

Beat Drop

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm in the trench again, makin' it relevant, just for the hell of it,

I'm introducin' it, start to get loose with it, try to remember what the hell I'm meant to do with it,

It's been like 2 years now, only 2 years now?, it's time to reevaluate and hope I still know how,

I'm on a new T, try to focuss my romantic Qi, trying to shake the clues from her mind and hope they move me;

I blame the fam for it, I heard demands for it, get off your ass and take a stand and make a move on it!!

I went home and tried to think where it was goin' and, realised I was waiting for a sign that just may never come...

Hmm...I'm getting tired of having to retype my posts. Not that I make that many of them these days, but when I do, and my connection decides to die on my as soon as I publish, you can forgive me for not wanting to do it all again...

Where was I? That's right, romance. I'm beginning to wonder these days if there are any romantics left in the world. And if so, what does it mean to be a romantic these days? Chocolates? Roses? These seem to me like tired failsafes for the unimaginative. But has the expectations on romance come down as well? Do women actually expect romance these days from suitors and their boyfriends. Conversely, have men ever expected romance from their girlfriends at all?

Are we doomed to a box of Ferraro Rochere's, a bunch of red roses and a Hallmark greeting as the heady heights of romance? Or has romance finally been affected by the ambivalence of Generation X?

If there are indeed any closet romantics out there, give us a Gloria Gaynor style yell. Or a soft, quiet whisper close to the earlobe. Whichever you think is more appropriate...let the learning begin *smile*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home