February 25, 2003

Mental Stability

Currently Listening To :: I Believe (Wo Xiang Xin) :: Fan Yi Chen

After that last outburst of job induced angst, I'm decidedly calmer...probably because I'm so tired from work that I don't have the energy to get tired. Stayed up late on Sunday and last night rushing my brain to come up with creative and content for a client proposal today. Hope all went well...

Another reason I've been so tired is I've been up ''til strange hours watching this movie over and over again. I know I'm a sucker for romantic comedies, but this one is the best I've seen a while. I can't believe I bought the CD for Stephen in Shanghai and didn't even know that is was from the same movie that my friend lent me a few days ago!



I remember when I was at a really low point during my final year of High School...I had just found out that I had screwed my trial HSC exams, and that I was in danger of screwing up my whole final year if I didn't do something about it. I was in a state...

Sitting in the dark late at night in front of the TV, I remember watching taped episodes of "Friends", and actually feeling better. Somehow, the show allowed me to lose myself in another world. This movie has that same effect; it touches a chord inside of me that I can't explain. I know it sounds strange, but at this time of confusion, the data written on two pieces of plastic is somehow keeping me sane...



I'm off to watch it again, and I suggest all you other suckers out there to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home