December 01, 2002

Weekendending

Currently Can't Stop Listening To :: Drive :: Incubus

Ever had one of those days where things just aren't feeling quite right? Friday was night ended at about 3:30 after crawling into bed after clubbing, capping off a week of little sleep, high stress and even higher uncertainty. And of course, my parents (knowingly or not) knew ho to push all the right buttons to tip me over that edge...

Too much negative energy this weekend. In the space of 3 days, I've managed to piss off some close friends and family, feel the pangs of jealousy where I didn't know any existed, and even get cursed out on ICQ by someone who sounded drunk; yet I'm not 100% sure. By tonight, I feel so drained, I can't even fight back, let alone write coherently. It doesn't help I gotta work tomorrow...

I feel so listless, I want to wallow in beautifully sad ballads, smoke cigarettes until I run out of matches, call China from my mobile phone and talk until the battery dies...

Incubus
Drive

Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I cant help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before, it seems to have a vague
Haunting mass appeal
Lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there, I'll be there...


So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive, oh oh
It's driven me before, it seems to be the way
That everyone else gets around
Lately, I'm beginning to find that when I drive myself, my light is found
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there, I'll be there...

Would you choose water over wine?
Hold the wheel and drive...
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there, I'll be there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home