January 08, 2004

Murphy's Law

Currently Listening To :: Goin' Back To Cali :: Notorious B.I.G.

I am a bit of a forgetful person. There, I admitted it. In fact, I'm probably forgetting to rant about something as I try to write this blog as fast as I can before the anger generating this stream of conscious writing begins to...um, where was I?

Ah yes.

Over these past few weeks I've managed to drop, break or lose a hella lotta stuff.

Even in this wonderfully advanced world we live in of ever-advancing technology, ever-shrinking gadgets and peripherals and other long connected letter groupings, now more than ever I'm beginning to find myself worrying that somewhere, somehow, at the most crucial of moments (then again, which moment isn't?), something will break down. Or get lost. Or fuck up. Murphy must have been one frustrated mutha.

*Ben steps onto soapbox*

First off, as I type this post, I'm running my 6 month old Athlon XP 2600+ with no CD-R, no floopy drive, and very few fans. The case is off to assist with cooling, and my CPU is being run by my old 230W PSU (Power Supply Unit) until I install my new one. I've owned many computers, but never has a PSU EVER failed on me (unlike Friendster).

Sad as it sounds, I actually felt a little pannicky at the thought that I might have no PC. *eep*

Second, I dropped my Nikon F55 SLR camera on NEW YEARS EVE, shattering the lens housing. Not only did this preclude me from taking happy-snaps on NYE, but it also involved me clutching my head in self-loathing with the image of me torching several hundred dollars with a lighter to get a new lens.

Which, of course, it did.

Third, I've managed to misplace my housekeys. Hmm...misplace isn't quite the word, but I haven't exactly lost them either, so...they're currently "hidden". Just like a great cup of coffee, a local suburban late-night eatery or a woman's g-spot, although mythical you're quite sure they do exist somewhere; you just have to put in the effort to find it.

There, I'm done. It's funny the things that bug you after a day where you get up before the sun does; now I'm going to step down before I fall off this soapbox.

----------------

Def Poetry Jam this Saturday night....w00t!

For those in Australia, Dove Exfoliating Bar has hit shelves...check it out~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home