May 17, 2003

I Don't Know What Else To Say

Currently Listening To // Kai Bu Liao Kou (Can't Speak) // Zhou Jie Lun (Jay Chou) Live

What I hate about translating Chinese songs is that I can never get the meaning 100% right. Like a good friend said once, translation is like trying to kiss through a bedsheet;. you get a similar sensation, but the end result just isn't the same.

How fitting, as this song doesn't quite encapsulate the situation, but the sensation of pain and disappointment is still there...

I have only just left, yet already begun
to worry if today your day is good or not,
The entire screen is you,
Thinking of you so much that I can't sleep.
Your pointed mouth, your lovely appearence,
As well as the sweet fragrance of your body,
You are my happiness,
Thinking of you I can't help but smile...


Without you near I find it hard to endure,
(Without you near I find it hard to endure and I worry)
Without your worries I also worry
(Without your worries I also worry and find it hard to endure)
Passing through layers of cloud,
I am trying to run to you...
Then and only then can I give you love,
However you are already in another's embrace~


Even if I cannot speak
Wanting her to understand...
I definitely will be able to protect her,
Teasing you 'til you laugh,
You are so important to me,
I regret,
Not letting you know,
Quietly listening to you as you act like a child,
Watching you sleep until we become old,


Even if I cannot speak,
Wanting her to understand,
These few simple words
I can't even manage
My whole heart is hanging in mid-air
I can only look on from afar,
All these little things I can do, (for you)
But that person is already not me...


I still cannot speak,

I still cannot speak,

I can only look at you~

I still cannot speak...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home