November 24, 2002

Early Summer Fiesta

Currently Listening To :: Like I Love You :: Justin Timberlake feat. Clipse

What do you get when you put xtn, otiose, larissa, mc2k, dre and izms in a room together with other close friends? A fun-filled friday night on the town is what!

Since no one else has decided to post up this mini-impromptu-blogmeet, I thought I'd mention it. Well, it wasn't so much a blogmeet; we all somehow knew each other through some connection or other.

It just happened that the majority of us have blogs.

After knocking back some drinks at the Rock Night Markets, we watched Tim Finn belt out some of his new tunes, as well as a few from some other band he used to jam with. Displaying a youthful exhuberance that could only be described as infectuous, I put forward the idea to band-in-the-making "Standing Room" members that they should incorporate some dance routines into their future stage shows.

I was duly dismissed by the rock-n-roll purists for my pop-tendancies.

After a lot of (but not uncommon) deliberating, we ended up at the Intercontinental Hotel haunt "Sketches" for our fill of pasta and 'free' salad. While some of us were merely hungry, Xtn and Otiose showed us how real famished men eat, and over our bowls of pasta, we proceeded to begin heated intellectual discussion. Pick-up lines and techniques, both used and recieved, featured prominently, as did how Avril Lavigne would never date Justin Timberlake in THIS lifetime.

After dinner we went our seperate ways, with the majority of the group heading out to somewhere else, while I headed to the basement with some friends to meet some more. After deciding that we didn't really want to pay $25 to hear slowed-down-yet-funky Nirvana covers, we ended up spending nearly as much on cocktails at a posh lounge on top of the Circular Quay terminal. In the clear night we sipped our cocktails until the wee hours (trying to drink mine any faster would have led to me being hospitalised due to the highly acidic nature of my drink; apple schnapps and passionfruit pulp make for a combination lethal enough to burn a hole in most alcoholic's livers).

A highly enjoyable night on the whole...pity Riss' parents stole the digi-cam, otherwise the night would have been complete!

Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?

Ain't nobody love you like I love you...

I see the way you're acting like somebody else gets me frustrated

You're a good girl, and that's what makes me trust you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home