October 26, 2002

Humidity

Currently Listening To :: The AC In This Suite...

Whoo...I'm here. It's been hot, humid, and downright sticky. Touching down in KL International yesterday at 6am, I was on a high. Back to the "otherland" (because it's not really the Motherland), here for a weekend trip to go to my first cousins wedding. After a red-eye flight and food I'd rather forget, I was promptly reminded that the penalty for importing drugs into Malaysia is a mandatory death penalty. Not that that mattered of course, because I waltzed through customs without so much as breaking my stride.

Since then, it has been non-stop. Going out shopping, eating, more eating and well, you get the idea. The Church ceremony was great, and this morning, I felt so close to God, literally and metaphysically. The fact that I had to do a reading in the ceremony today helped somewhat too...perhaps I was also a bit lightheaded in the sweltering heat, sitting in a wool suit with shirt and tie.

Still, it's going to be all good tonight; reception, and then drinking the night away. Tomorrow, we'll be staying here at this resort called "Cyberview" which despite the name, IS the bomb. I'll be chillin' poolside...then tomorrow night, down to my mum's hometown for dinner. Nice...so I'm off to eat and drink some more, and I'll catch up with ya'll on the other side.

p.s. Riss, how was the John Meyer concert? Still jealous...still jealous...*grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home