October 15, 2002

Wandering Thoughts

Currently Listening To :: Hey You :: Floetry

For the past week or so, I think I've been doing pretty well. But it's now official, I'm missing the comforts of home.

This may sound strange, as I'm currently living at home. Home alone that is, with both parents visiting my sister in England right now. While the freedom has been incredible, it's 12:50am, I get up in about 5 hours or so, and I'm sitting here in front of my PC, listening to some Floetry and eating instant noodles with food unfrozen from last night. I don't even have milk left to make a coffee or eat my cereal tomorrow or bread to make a sandwhich. Can't forget to throw the rubbish either...

Washing in states of ironing and folding are all over the living room, burnt insence sticks scattered across some old newspaper. My bed in a constant state of sleeping in, yet I feel as if I'm never there. So many little things to do in such a large house, which is made all the larger by the lack of lovers or loved ones. I have way too much time to think lonely thoughts, stupid thoughts, detrimental thoughts...loneliness can rend a heart assunder, and right now, it's killing me softly...

So as I crawl between cold sheets, I'm going to sleep a sleep that yearns for company and dream for a touch that reminds me what it is to be alive, for thoughts that hold my mind in a languid embrace, for whispers that linger on lips behind my ear. Breathless nothings that tease me to slumber until I can no longer fight them, yet taunt me relentlessly until I wake to another morning.

Good morning heartache...what's new?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home