November 09, 2002

Swirling Clouds

Currently Listening To :: T.R.O.Y. (The Reminisce Over You) :: Pete Rock and CL Smooth

And so the pages turn, blown by the winds of time, age, and of course change. Thursday was the last official day of class in my undergraduate degree, and it's been a long time coming. I've been thinking about this moment for so long now, that now that it's here, I don't even know how I'm meant to be feeling. Things are changing, but I think I've been focussing so hard on a moment that I've almost become blind to what comes after, and what came before.

The picture I'm showing right now is a still from Eugene's Honor's film thesis. Entitled "Tian Bian" which means "Changing Sky" in Mandarin, it was shot around Sydney in the middle of 2000, just before I went to live in Taiwan for 6 months. This particular still was a scene at university where my character goes back and pays homage to a Taiwanese girl who was killed; a parked construction truck's park brake failed, and it rolled down the hill, crushing her against the wall. Now only a plaque remains to her memory, and the wall is covered in green vines. When we shot that scene, you could still see the scars in the concrete wall...

On Monday I took a lot of pictures around uni. It was a great day, and Larissa was good enough to take some time out from her "busy" study schedule and chill with me as I dragged her around campus. As it was both our last weeks of uni, we were both eager to capture the sites of so many memories; hers was a digicam, mine was an SLR. I'll see if I can scan some of them up later; every picture has a story behind it, and that's the way it should be.

A good friend has flown off today to pursue career opportunities overseas in Singapore; another one is still in Vietnam. By the time you reed this BJ, you should be in Singapore...best of luck, and thanks for letting me raid your bookshelf and CD collection. I appreciate that...will be seeing you before you know it for NY 2003!

*sigh* It hasn't really set in yet; no more classes to be late to, no more lawns to lounge on.

Time to move on, time to find a new playground...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home