September 27, 2002

Rollercoaster

Currently Listening To :: No Such Thing :: John Mayer

I normally try to not do the whole "this is what happened today" type posts, but this is the epitomy of frustration...

Upon Riss' recommendation, I downloaded this song, and fell in love immediately with it. Reading Riss' site, I couldn't believe my luck. JOHN MAYER WAS COMING TO SYDNEY, and his concert was on Sunday!

In very un-Ben like fashion, I fell out of my seat at the computer in attempts to rush to the phone and call Riss. Stumbling up the stairs while trying to find her number in my mobile, I finally made it to the phone.

Beep...beep..."Hi, this is Larissa, unfortunately I can't come to the phone right now..."

Ben: Riss!!! It's Ben here! Are you going to the John Mayer concert this Sunday?!?! Have you got tix yet?!!?! Have they sold out?!?!?! Call me about this PLEAAAASE!!!!!"

I breathelessly called The Metro next, hoping that tickets hadn't sold out, and that even if I couldn't reach Riss, I could still get a ticket...

Beep...Beep...Ben: "Hi, is this the Metro? I was wondering if the tickets for the John Mayer concert have sold out yet?!?!"

Reception: "Um...the John Mayer concert isn't on until next month. And tickets don't go on sale until next Wednesday."

....

Ben: "Um, thanks...yeah...um, I guess I'll go on Wednesday...um...thanks...yeah...

click

YES...yesyesyesyesyes...there was still plenty of time to get tickets, work out what day it was, and make sure I had all my work done by then. How cool would this be? An artist who I actually liked, who was actually coming to Sydney for a concert. I hadn't felt this way since I bought tickets to my first Wang Faye concert in Taiwan almost 2 years ago...

Scanning through the John Mayer website, I checked the date in my diary..hmm...27th of October. Now why does that sound familiar?

Stop.

Oh no...why was there a "Depart for Malaysia" on the 24th? And WHY was there a "Leave KL at 9:55am" written on the 28th?!?

It couldn't be...it CAN'T be...the wedding!!!! Ben places head in hands and slumps over keyboard

Bring!!! Bring Bring!!!!

Ben: Hello?

Riss: Hey Ben, I just got your message. You're coming to the John Mayer concert right? Don't worry though, it's not this Sunday, it's not until...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home