June 13, 2002

Love Yourself...

Currently Listening To :: Self Love :: Jaguar Wright

This last week has been a bit of a debacle, to put it lightly. Jobs have dropped out of the picture in flames, and I'm hitting the wall hard. A close friend asked me if it would help to write about these issues, but honestly, I've found that no one anyone can tell me can make me feel better. It's something I've got to deal with; I'm building the bridge all the way across the raging river on my own. So as I turn introspective for a while, hear some snippets of the 9 minutes and 15 seconds of what I'm hearing...and if you like it, go get that; don't bootleg...

Apologies for the typing, but right now, it's one of the few mistakes I feel I can deal with...

Caught up in a wave of deception,
From this shit, your heart dun learn no lesson,
So what you do, you keep on playing,
Ya play on, playa...


From love to confusion,
you keep gainin' but you keep losin',
so what, you find comfort in your boosin, boosin, heart bruisin'...
I'm the one...


From your denials to your delusions,
Everyting you gain you keep loosin'
What you not know is an illusion,
So what the hell you doin'?
Here's looking at love kid...


You wake up every morning but you not sleep,
You taste food, but you not eat,
You're running fast but you're not on your feet,
And your speed, is dead...


You run out but you not know,
You climb inside but can't grow,
Faster and faster until you fall to the floor,
You scream "no", but don't stay low..


I mean this is for anyone of any age...
Get up off your ass,
Forget the past,
And remember the future is the only fuckin' thing you got, so run with that shit...


Love yourself,
Believe in yourself...
Be true to yourself,
Be you for yourself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home