March 29, 2002

Shopping For A Place To Vent

Currently Listening To :: Mos Def :: Brooklyn

With the Easter Weekend here, it's a welcome break from the mounting pressure that uni and writing has started to exert. I'm going to have to regroup...

I was in the city yesterday afternoon, and I went shopping. Now shopping is something I rarely do these days; not just because I just don't have THAT much money to spend, but rather, I have just stopped looking for things to buy. Clothes, shoes, even CDs; I just don't go looking that much these days. Not to say I don't enjoy buying stuff, I definately still do, and if the feeling takes me, I'll have no qualms about spending an afternoon in Paddington just walking around looking at books and clothes.

This earning more money isn't helping either. I'm meant to be saving for my trip at the end of the year, but buying things from A or B, getting this, that and a third, it's all starting to add up. _sigh_

Oh, if anyone is looking for a bar in Surry Hiils, the Tow Bar is pretty swish. I was there covering the launch of Net MD in Australia on Wednesday afternoon; some pretty kewl isht. Too much white whine tho. Some were pretty kewl, but some of these journalists are all up on themselves...

Them: So who do you work for?

Ben: I work for Blitz...the UNSW Student Mag...

Them: Oh..*takes sip of whine* You know, there's no one who I know here yet...*blatantly cranes neck looking for more interesting people*

I kid you not; that conversation actually happened. Not to sound pissed off, but fuck pretentious IT freelance journos.

Oh yeah, Happy Easter...peace oooouuuuuuuut~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home