January 03, 2002

RE:starting Another Year

Currently Listening to: Day One - D.I.T.C. (Diggin' In The Crates)

This track has to have one of THE best beats I've ever heard...such a good track, I think even Diddy (back when he was Puffy) jacked this beat. Still, he IS the first black man to be on the cover of Vogue, the third man to ever do so. So, I guess I can't hold too much against him. I must be getting soft!! This is sad, I actually told a friend the other night that I didn't really have much of a case for not liking P.Diddy's music...thank God for me that I came to my senses. Hearing Bad Boy For Life again tends to jolt most people back to reality.

New Year's Resolutions? I got a few, how about you guys? If I were cynical, (and I am), I'd think that the time when most people think about them is when people actually ask them, "hey, so you got any NY resolutions?" But I'm guilty of that too, so I've decided to take the problems as they come. I have a hard time enough thinking about all the things on my mind, let alone come up with _a_ solution when someone actually asks me.

Okay, okay, one of the New Year's Resolutions that I actually hope to carry out this year is to make more social phone calls and outings. What? No, that doesn't mean goin' out more, but it does mean going out more just because. Several friends have expressed surprise when I ask them what they are calling about...which I agree Chris, is quite sad. Maybe I've become too focussed on my work and trying to multitask all the time...or perhaps I need to be more generous with my time? _sigh_

Still, it's a New Year, so who knows? I think that's the best thing about the whole New Years thing, that mind state we all move to in the few days after NYE. Possibilities re-emerge, past mistakes are pushed aside, and our mental slates get a good cleaning. Here's hoping I can keep the slate relatively clean...and resist the urge to start doodling if I get bored...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home