January 04, 2002

Lost and Found

Currently Listening to: Ante Up (Remix) - M.O.P (feat. Busta Rhymes and Remy)

It's pretty rare that I get angry at anything, let alone blow up in a rage. I mean getting really amped up; mad and cursing like a chip on my shoulder that just got bigger and deeper. Well, a few nights ago, someone pulled out the axe and gave it a big swing...

For those who don't know, one my many dreams is to write a book and have it published. Well, since the end of last year, I'd been working on this short story to enter in this competition put on by this magazine. The first prize was a meeting with a top publisher from Random House, and in order to enter, I needed the original entry form in last months mag, which I had. But guess which magazine got thrown out with the old TV guides and Foxtel mags? Guess who lost it when they found out at about 12:30am? Guess who was thinking about getting up at 8:30am the next morning to head to the local newsagent to look for another copy?

Well, to cut a long tantrum short, I've decided to develop this negative into a positive picture like Lauryn's 37th line, and looking back on it, IF I had managed to win the comp, and I DID get a meeting with a publishing rep, what would I have to show them? I don't have a book ready to go, I barely have an idea for one formed...then there's that little matter of actually winning. More deadlines to live by...

I gotta get goin...lunch, then off to the city (@ the JET Cafe no less!) to an impromptu meeting to flesh out some ideas for this Mosaic publication I'm getting together. The contributions have been great; big thanx to Icky Kid, Al, tangymayo and WagstheDog... And we're not done yet! If people want to contribute some writing or artwork to this yearly mag aimed at sharing cultural experience and thus enhancing cultural diversity...you know what to do.

Fill me in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home