December 20, 2001

What We're Goin' To Do Now Is Go Back...Waay Back...

Currently Listening to: Years In The Making - Dilated Peoples

Man, life has been hella hectic lately. Between doing summer school classes, going out, helping my friends Kev and Jo-Jo set up their gaming cafe at Chatswood, and trying to spend some time at home writing, I havent' had a lot of time to myself...nor keep this thing updated!

On Tuesday, I got a call out of the blue from one of my old High School friends, Cameron, telling me how he was getting the fellas (i.e. him, myself, and two other of our best HS buddies for drinks in the city). Now I can't remember the last time I saw him, let alone all four of us together...my Valete dinner would probably be it, or shortly after! That's like almost 5 years! Damn...that's like almost 5 years since HS!!

Still, we met in front of Town Hall just like old times, and just like old times, we were all running late. Keeping with all the other times we'd tried to meet, Nick called and said he couldn't make it, 'cause his girl Sam was "sick", so he HAD to spend some time with her. Now Sam is great, not to mention a hot mix of Burmese and Australian (like a lot of mixed gals are). But still... So among several muttered calls of being whipped, we headed to Shark Bar, just Cameron, Alan and I. Drinks all round, and we then spent the next few hours playing pool, but more just catching up. Talking about old times, what we were doing, where we wanted to go, and how the HELL was Nick still with Sam after 5+ years! We all placed bets that it wouldn't last until after school...5 years later, and we're still wondering. Opposites really can attract_grin_

It was strange, all of us acting sentimental, and me sitting there thinking about how much we'd changed, but we still all got on with each other so well. Had we always been this way? No...Are high school ties just stronger? Definately not. Despite our varying ideas, careers, places and faces, after all this time, we can still get on so well together. Maybe it's because we haven't seen each other in so long, and we had so much catching up to do. Maybe it's a lot of things...

I'd like to think it's because we just get on. Simple. Like I said, real things don't die, they just fade. To me, trying to hold hold too many people close to your heart will leave it lonely in the end...I never really had that many friends in HS, but I think now that the few I did have will always be. And in the end that's what matters the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home