April 14, 2002

Oncoming Silence

Currently Listening To :: If This World Were Mine :: Luther Vandross & Cheryl Lynn

This weekend has been a long slog...

I've taken that plunge and started applying for grad jobs, and the process is a long one. I seriously hope that this is worth it...although, I do feel as if I am getting better at selling myself. I think that by the time I'm done, I'll be able to answer the questions to my leadership abilities, initiative and teamwork skills in very flowery language that paints me in a flattering light. All in under 100 words as well.

So to take a break from all this screen selling, I drove out to Maroubra today (I can't seem to escape uni!) to my editors house for a Blitz lunch. Steamboat, beer, cherry buttercake and good company all made for a great afternoon away from the realer world...

It's rare that I take things at face value (which is ironic, as I'm hoping these job applications will make some company want to hire me without even really meeting me), but when a song is recommended to me, especially from an online wedding site, forgive me for being skeptical about it. Still, for those who don't know, I'm a sucker for old Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and Luther Vandross tracks. If I ever start to buy vinyl (which I'm thinking is an inevitable thing), my collection would have a lot of their old records...

If you get the change to download this great track, I'm sure most of you will agree that Luther, on his own, has twice the vocals and four times the romance than 99% of all the other RnB singers (and groups) out there today. Although this is a remake of the orignal Marvin and Tammi track, I feel that, for a change, the remake was better than the original (unlike Blue's attempts to remake Next's Too Close and Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis' "remake" of Smokey Robinson's classic Cruisin'. In fact, I think d'angelo's remake is infinitely better, perhaps better than the original too).

So as I get back to pimping myself, I'm thinking the next few days will be a little quiet, as these applications and study take my blogging time...Hopefully, I'll have some time to write...and get this damn colour change done too! Keep those messages coming tho...even just to say hi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home