November 05, 2001

Currently listening to: Erykah Badu - ...& on

Monday..where did my weekend go? Into this essay I'm slavin' over...and of course, Art's B'day dinner on sat nite! It was really good to meet more of the people who help make up Faan as a whole. And XXL afterwards, which would have been okay if I'd been in the mood...still trying to find the words to say on so many things, but with regards to the current refugee situation, someone broke it down with this. So I'll digress for a bit...

Here's my philosphy,
Writing papers for my university,
Degree to which I'm bound for some time,
While lookin' at this screen is slowly killing my mind...

I grabbed mama's gun today. Can u tell? *grin* Was kinda bored, so I drove back to Borders and got it...well worth the extra wait. In fact, when it comes to actually buying CDs, I'm a lot more picky than I used to be. I think if it were about 3 years ago, my room would be full of Jagged Edge and P. Diddy CDs. I'm not sure what it is about me, but it seems I average around 2 years before I pick up a quality CD.

I think in general, it's the fact that I have such high expectations, that I want to make sure I really want something before I go out and get it...

...and if I do get it and I'm disappointed, then I won't feel as if I jumped on the bandwagon of "oh, shit is HOT!" Music album cases in point:

Maxwell: Urban Hang Suite (2 years after it came out)

Common: One Day it'll All Make Sense (3 years after it came out)

Mos Def and Talib Kweli are: Black Star (3 years after it came out)

In reverse, I bought Maxwell's Embrya album the day it came out in Australia...and didn't like it until about a year later...

I guess that now can wait for the future...

On a different note, if you're always on the lookout for kewl new Chinese cinema like I am, then you might have heard that Beijing Rocks now more than ever. I guess according to who you ask...

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own"
--Paulo Coelho, "The Alchemist"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home