July 31, 2005

Treading Water To A More Solid Destination

Currently Listening To :: Get By ::Talib Kweli

Just when I felt like complaining about how nothing was happening, BANG! Work is all up in my face, which means everything else gets up in my face at the same time, which means I'm pretty much over today, which was really Monday.

A little slip up can be so costly, yet never as much as you would expect it to be. Where the problem lies is that there are probably a lot more forces at work then you could ever imagine, so making decisions seems to be increasingly difficult. A line of credit that seemed so solid is revoked after defaulting on a single payment.

Living life day to day gets harder when you're not living just for yourself. Like your petrol tank, the guage never stays full for long; you've got to keep putting more in to move forward. Bosses, friends, family members, partners, the web of dependents grows on and on, just like those dependant on you grow in number as well.

I'm sure if we all tried, harking back to "simpler" days is not more then a memory away, days where you'd always take a stand and know where you stood, and more importantly, being right was everything. Sometimes though, you just have to take things as a loss, no unlike backing the wrong horse or cigarette burns in your favourite clothes.

But if life got simpler, I'd get bored. I've unwittingly become an expert at parking problems and moving forward. Whereas I used to brood and brood, now I think I just think. I think.

Let me get back to you on that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home