April 02, 2005

That Fleeting Feeling

Currently Listening To :: 1980 :: Estelle

Whoever stepped out of the shower feeling worse off for the experience is a rare person indeed. While the shampoo and soap may change, the feeling of stepping out in better shape then I went in has never changed.

I seem to do a lot of thinking in the shower. There's something calming about having the water crash down around you, blocking everything else out. No one bothers you, no mobile phone ringing, it's all drowned by the rush downpour of water.

Washing away my worries, anxiety and weariness, both physical and mental; all go down the drain with the suds, while my mind goes blank for a few precious, conscious moments a day.

Sleep comes too fast and leaves too quickly. One minute I set both my alarms and let my eyes rest, my mind slow down...next thing there's music, light is everywhere and my mind starts moving way before my body. Meetings, work to be done, clothes to ware, what could possibly go wrong at work today. Which, of late, is about anything.

I often worry that I sleep too much. I don't dream, and if I do, my brain just isn't equipped to catch them. Which is frustrating; I never used to worry about wasting time. Time always seemed to be something I always had a limitless supply of. Hours. Days. Weeks. Months. Always waiting for my rocket to come.

Time to have a shower. The sun's shining, my hangover is wearing off. Time to ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home