June 23, 2004

Thanks And More Thanks...

Currently Listening To :: Feel It :: Erick Sermon

5:20 pm, Friday afternoon, I got the call.

Talk about leaving things to the last minute...but then again, izms wouldn't be izms if not for a lot of procrastination, followed by a mad rush in the end. So let's see...

Marketing Assistant, Hair.

Sure, it may not be the most masculine of categories, but put my name in front if it, and a Unilever Australasia behind it, and it's got a nice ring to it eh?

Side Note: They actually asked me in my interview if they thought that me not being female would be a disadvantage. I amost thought they were kidding. They weren't.

So what's the good news? Well, I'm straight into Brand Marketing, an area I initially looked at getting into in about 2-3 years. I'm off the road, where I felt I was getting a little bit stale; the pay rise helps too.

The cons are that I lose my car...so no more free petrol, no more free rides, no more parking in loading zones. No more freedom to choose my own work timetable, listening to my music, plus I'm chained to a desk. Come to think of it, there seems to be a hella lot more cons than pros.

Like they say, be careful what you wish for...

Regardless, I'm feeling really positive about the move, so a HUGE thanks to my Advertising and Brand gurus Miss Riss and Super Audge for helping me out prior to my interview. To everyone who put up with my mopeing like a little bitch with a skinned knee, a big thanks too. Next time, I'll be better...that's right, more like a big bitch with a skinned knee. I may even write about it; how's THAT for a novel idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home