November 09, 2001

The Inspiration

Currently Listening to: Common Sense - Resurrection (Extra P Remix)

Picked up the new issue of Faan Mag today at my second favourite record store, Anthem Records on George. Flippin through it, I naturally re-read my article again first (that's just my izm), and then started again from the top...now I know this may sound like blatent plugging, but in all honesty, this issue is really good. Really really. From front cover (Chiou is like WHOA) to the end, almost everything is good to go check out; I think there's something for everyone.

At Art's b'day dinner the other night, I met his brother Derek, who is a budding actor. It's great to meet people from the whole Faan crew, and Derek is really kewl; real easy to get on with. He also told me how one of his friends cut out one of my articles and pinned it on his wall...when I heard that, I couldn't stop smiling inside. It's these little things that make all this worth it. Getting out to interviews, struggling with words and ideas, walking that line between teaching and telling. So if you read my stuff in Faan mag, or anything I write that you think is something that touches a note with you (good, bad, or even for discussion), I'll always be glad to hear from you. Don't just come down to hard on me...I get a bit sensitive about my isht. *grin*

After "all-you-can-eat" yum cha today (what a hella kewl idea!) with some ex-work friends, I had coffee with a friend at North Sydney. It's always great to catch up with friends, esp when you know they are so busy. But being Friday afternoon and all, it was a nice and laid back coffee and white chocolate mousse tart at Zeo Cafe. Now for those who may think that I come up with this isht from scratch, you'd be only half wrong. I get so much inspiration to write from my conversation with friends, just listening to them; and hey, it beats Expressing my Outlook.

Thoughts for today...

_Moving too fast from group situations to one-on-one dates pressurizes things, and usually ends things with a loud pop in your face...if it's going to happen, it's going to happen_

_White chocolate mousse is something everyone should try_

_Peace to everyone who've given me inspiration, love to those who helped me get this job, and blessings to those who brought the congratulations_

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home