November 16, 2001

Forever...But Not In That P.Diddy Kind Of Way

Currently Listening to: Maxwell - Lifetime

Hmm...just woke up. Aghhh...slept at 2 am last nite, trying to understand Internet Business Models and all it's components. While not the most rivetting of stuff, I've had a LOT worse...

"Would You Recommend This Course To Others?" Big tick yes.

My sister has always been really protective of her room...perhaps it's a girl thing, a privacy thing, I dunno. Still, she seems to have relaxed about it these days, and well, since she's in Europe, she can't do much about it anyway! Still, whenever I do manage to see someone's room or bedroom (which isn't too often), one of the first things I always check out is their books and CDs. I've always thought you can tell a lot about a person from the books they read and the CDs they listen to. Not that it's a clear indication, but if you get into a girls room and her books are mostly written by feminists, you have to tread just that little bit more lightly. Not that that's happened...*grin*

So checkin out my sister's books (her CDs are downstairs, and are not on the great side...sorry Jie!), she seems to have very classic reading tastes. Basically, her shelves are full of the "right" books to have and have read. However, I've never been a huge fan of Austin or Forster, and while Eddings is great, I never got into other fantasy books those by Fiest. Oh, and what I THOUGHT was the whole "Three Colours" series turned out to be all the Harry Potter books. Don't get me started on that though, although friends have told me that I should actually read a whole book before dissing it. True, but...but...

One book I AM interested is this...I have no idea what it's about, but with a hella kewl title like that, how can you not look twice?

In searching for the book itself, I came across quite a number of sites devoted to it...seems a lot of people think about living forever out there. Me? Naw...I need some pressure on me to get me moving. If you could live forever, why get out of bed? Why try to be happy? Why not try tomorrow? Or the next day? Why bother doing anything at all?

After all, it is a long time...and if you're stuck with this forever, then perhaps an early death isn't such a bad thing...*shudder*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home