November 26, 2004

The Wide Open Blue

Currently Listening To :: Home :: Little Brother

I'm home on a Friday night, packing to head off to Malaysia via Singapore. Two weeks of no work, no phone calls, no share reports, no need to be operationally excellent for a while. Cool I hear you say. Noice you repeat, nodding in mutual agreement.

While this seems ideal on one hand, I do feel like I'm flying into the arms of a situation I'd rather not be in. Ungrateful and depressing as it sounds, a small part of me wishes I didn't have to make this trip.

So life isn't fair; I've grown to accept that. Life is fairer on others at times. That too has been a lesson learned.

The writer in me feels like I should make more of this trip, more of the situation I'm in and facing. But as a friend said to me a while back, "why does everything have to MEAN something? Why can't things just BE for a change??"

To put that comment to rest, I've decided to take that advice and just let things be. No long words of wishing, no paragraphs of pain. Just a simple message to mark the beginning of this journey over seas and across plains. Moving.

Into the arms of familiar change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home