September 07, 2004

Mid-Week Blues With A Weekend Silver Lining

Currently Listening To :: Never Let You Down :: Kanye West feat. Jay-Z & J. Ivy

How time drags when you have no email or internet access. Still, these past two days haven't been a complete waste; I can now juggle. While they say you learn something new everyday, this one took two. I blame it on the lack of sleep. Oh, and I can work Excel pretty well now too. But really...which is the real party conversation starter here? I thought so.

Training in the city for the last two days, I've realised how much I miss working in the city. Being in close proximity to friends, good (albeit expensive) food and the extra sleep on public transport is quite an attractive carrot compared to the harsh stick of city working. It sure beats the gluggy gravy and sandwich prices that fluctuate depending on a)who's serving you and b)how the world is treating her at this exact point in time.

Having lunch with Jookboy, Nervous and Tocca today, the topic of conversation revolved around the weekend just past. Little stories here and there, laughs shared and time spent together seemed like a world away (despite reality telling me it was really only a weekend past). Yui and I both also agreed that it's been cold lately. And it has.

We all also agreed that we would be back for more hilarity, tomfoolery and general gooseiness this Friday night.

So my friends, you've been warned. Bring on Friday, the good times, and more Bacardi, Coke and Lime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home