May 29, 2006


Alternate Life Perspective :: That Hansel's So HOT Right Now

Currently Listening To :: Southernplayalisticcadillacfunkymusik:: Outkast

The irony of this post is that I was writing a piece about comfort, living my life with the opportunity for the unexpected and seeking chances to be suprised. Then my browser crashed. There's a cliche including God, sense of humour and irony, but I'm scared that if I use it, something else might happen. Be careful what you wish for. There, I said it.

I want to be surprised. I need to be surprised. Disappointment, I am told, builds 'character' - but that's another post. However, this joint, and indeed, Outkast as a team or the individuals that are Andre 3000 and Big Boi aka Hot Tub Tony aka Francis the Savannah Chitlin' Pimp, rarely disappoint.

Speaking of not disappointing, neither does this film. An oldie but a goodie, with pearly whites of wisdom like this, you've just got to smile.

I hear a lot of words like "beauty" and "handsomeness"...and "incredibly chiseled features"

To me, that's like a vanity, a self-absorption that I try to steer clear of...

I dig the bungee. For me, it's just the way I live my life...

I grip it and I rip it...I live it with a lot of flair. I live it on the edge,
where I gotta be...

I wasn't like every other kid, who dreams about being an astronaut.

I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree.

Richard Gere's a real hero of mine. Sting...Sting would be another person
who's a hero...

The music that he's created...I don't really listen to it. But the fact that he's making it, I respect that.

I care desperately about what I do.

Do I know what product I'm selling? No.

Do I know what I'm doing today? No.

But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot...

6 Comments:

Blogger millimilli said...

The files are *inside* the computer

10:46 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Milli, the fact you know that that quote is from Zoolander is solid reassurance that this movie, is, indeed, a comedy classic :)

"You know, Hansel, you think you're too cool for school. But I've got a newsflash for you, Walter Kronkite....

...You're NOT"

9:11 AM  
Blogger Addy said...

yeah, you thought i didnt know what a yuguguli is.....

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to want to be an astronaut

3:35 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Astronaught? I always wondered how you got into that. Know any good recruiters? Not sure about the pay structure, but I'm sure the fringe benefits would be quite good. Travel allowance, free environmental suits, space food sticks...

1:44 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Ah New York - the city so wonderful, they had to name it twice.

One day soon, one day soon.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home