June 09, 2008

Listing Updates

Currently Listening To :: Respiration (Pete Rock Remix) :: Black Star feat. Black Thought

Just updating my list and adding a few new notes - some things are easier than others, but I find that sometimes it's the small wins that help roll into bigger things.

1. (Re)learn Mandarin
2. Start puttin out the job feelers at the back end of this year
3. Plan my trip to NY and HK/Sing at the end of the year

* This is basically planned - I just need to confirm my leave now. Looks like it'll be last week of September and first two weeks of October - that ties in with point 4 below, as I've sandwhiched my trip in between two weddings.*

4. Find out when all these "back of the year" weddings are so I can do 3

5. Work out my frequent flyer miles situation so the flight to NYC is bearable.

6. Buy a guide to New York

*Bec has kindly pointed me in the way of NYmag.com, so that'll be my online reading until I get there, upon which point I'll steal one of her and Kev's many guides.*

7. Work out if I should drop HK/Sing in favour of a trip to the Cayman Islands if the opportunity arises
8. Embed a fitness regime in my life
9. Strengthen my core - Pilates/Tai Chi/Yoga?
10. Refine my next choice of watch...and suit.
11. Buy some luggage to avoid having to check in on my work trips

*My Porter x Monocle overnight bag arrived in the post over the weekend, just in time for some upcoming trips to Melbourne. Big enough to fit my laptop and clothes, yet small enough not to check in - a travellers dream come true.*

12. Organise my birthday party with KC

*Locked in for 4th July, Crystal Bar, 6pm onwards*

13. Organise my birthday dinner

*Locked in for 10th July, Quay, 7pm - thanks KC!*

14. Start reading some of my many books yet untouched on my shelf
15. Pray the Knicks somehow draft OJ Mayo
16. Pay my Visa bill

*I really should stop putting things like this in - but hey, at least it's paid*

17. Call Yvonne from the Smith Family about the mentoring programme I want to become involved in

*My referees are being checked, so I'm guessing that's a good sign so far - nothing final just yet, but I'll keep you posted*

And now, for some more additions to the list:

No 18. (via Bec) Stay single so your attached friends can live vicariously through you when you visit NY

No 19. (via Bec) Save up for the drinking/playing NYC fund

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home