May 27, 2008

Action Points and Deliverables

Currently Listening To :: Thought @ Work :: The Roots

In some vague attempt to right the out of control ship that my life right now, I've decided to write a list of things I need/want/should do. While I'm normally quite a structured person in my approach to these things, I'm going to write them in order of when they come into my head.

1. (Re)learn Mandarin
2. Start puttin out the job feelers at the back end of this year
3. Plan my trip to NY and HK/Sing at the end of the year
4. Find out when all these "back of the year" weddings are so I can do 3.
5. Work out my frequent flyer miles situation so the flight to NYC is bearable.
6. Buy a guide to New York
7. Work out if I should drop HK/Sing in favour of a trip to the Cayman Islands if the opportunity arises
8. Embed a fitness regime in my life
9. Strengthen my core - Pilates/Tai Chi/Yoga?
10. Refine my next choice of watch...and suit.
11. Buy some luggage to avoid having to check in on my work trips
12. Organise my birthday party with KC
13. Organise my birthday dinner
14. Start reading some of my many books yet untouched on my shelf
15. Pray the Knicks somehow draft OJ Mayo
16. Pay my Visa bill
17. Call Yvonne from the Smith Family about the mentoring programme I want to become involved in

Wow, that's a sizeable list, and that's just a stream of thoughts. While hardly anyone reads my blog these days, I figure making myself accountable to the internet ether is better than my harddrive. We'll see.

So, let's get to it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beckster said...

I'm still reading Boges :)

No 3 is indeed a top priority.
No 6 I'd say leave it since we have about two dozen guides you can read when you get here, otherwise nymag.com is a great local guide.
No 7 drop NY/Sing think about Cayman, Bahamas, Bermuda!
No 12 Can't wait!
No 15 do you think it'll make ANY difference to the dismal team?

No 18 Stay single so your attached friends can live vicariously through you when you visit NY.
No 19 Save up for the drinking/playing NYC fund.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Hahah - you must be the only one Becs!

I've added your comments to the list - I'll address as them as I go along :P

How is NY treating you? Can't wait to catch up with you when you're in town!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Paniku said...

I'm not much of a blog reader mate, but I'm just cruising by since I'm procrastinating on doing some work right now ... hehe. So since it's September already, how did you go on executing that list?

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home